March 8, 2017 12:00 pm
Join us to experience a wonderfully diverse Human Library, where the Books are people and reading is a conversation.
Just like in a real library, as a visitor to the Human Library you will be able to choose a Book from a range of titles. The difference is that Books will be people, and reading - a conversation. Having taken your chosen Book out, you will have half an hour to engage in an honest, but respectful conversation, exploring and challenging the preconceptions and biases you might hold.
Book titles might include Atheist, Home Educator, Homosexual, Immigrant, Buddhist, Bisexual, Trans Woman, White South African and more.
Here is what the Readers were saying at previous events
- I have become more aware of who I am.
- I met a very brave person today.
- I was overwhelmed to meet a person behind my prejudices.
- So enlightning I feel relieved of some concerns and some questions have been answered.
- Touching, close to tears.
Human Library will be open on campus on the 8th of March 2017, celebrating International Women’s Day.